SILIKOPHEN® AC 950
Until now, high-temperature resistant coatings were heat-cured at 200 – 250 °C after application, forming a ready-to-handle surface. This disadvantage previously had to be accepted by paint formulators. Evonik’s SILIKOPHEN® AC 950 technology solves this problem.
The SILIKOPHEN® AC 950 ambient-cure technology eliminates the use of ovens and enables painted objects to be touched, packaged, or exposed to the effects of water (rain, fog) a short time after the coating is applied. Whereas previous oven-cure coatings proved difficult to use on large objects (such as smokestacks and industrial plants), the new ambient-cure technology allows for easier coating of these objects, thus prolonging their operational life.
Advantages of SILIKOPHEN® AC 950:
• improved early water resistance
• end properties of the coating are obtained with ambient curing
• no hazardous substances emitted
• permanent temperature resistance up to 600 °C
• low smoke formation on exposure to high temperatures