D.B. Becker History
In 1954 D.B. Becker Co., Inc. was established as a Manufacturer's Representative working in the Paint and Coatings Market. It was not until 1990, when Dan Canavan acquired the business and began the conversion from Manufacturer's Representative to Distribution. This change allowed D.B. Becker to better service our customer via local stocking, quality product, and competitive pricing and placed the organization on a long term trajectory for success.
With this transformation, D.B. Becker expanded more deeply into the Paint, Ink, Adhesive, Coating, Epoxy, Polyurethane, Construction, Plastic, Lubricant, Cosmetic and allied markets. This diversification provided a solid platform for growth that continued through into the 21st century.
D.B. Becker Co., Inc. reached its 60th Anniversary in 2014 and continues to operate out of the HQ, Clinton, NJ, facility where they moved in May, 2007.
In July 2015, the D.B. Becker Co., Inc. was acquired by Maroon Group LLC. D.B. Becker and Maroon Group are aligned with multiple synergies including geography, product portfolio, customer focus, culture and sustainability. The combination of D.B. Becker and the Maroon Group offers enhanced service and an expanded portfolio of technologies and products further benefiting our customer base.